Monday, January 10, 2011

Number the Stars ***** (5 out of 5 stars)

I know this book is a little young for me but this semester I am taking a young adult literature class so I will be reading lots of these kinds of books so be prepared to hear about them. I always have found WWII fascinating. It was so terrible and horrific and yet it brought out the best in some people. Those people who chose not to allow injustice to happen. This book tells the story of the people of Denmark and their courages effort to stand up against the Nazis. I'll admit at the end of the story I was starved for more intricate details. Like how the Jewish families were hidden by their neighbors and how the smuggling system was developed. And then I remembered that this book caters to young teens who most likely don't know much about the Holocaust just yet. I think this book would be an excellent prelude to Anne Frank's Diary for those of you who haven't read it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment