Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Christmas Carol ***** (5 out of 5 stars)

Happy Holidays everyone! For Christmas I received the greatest gift possible.... A KINDLE! It's beautiful and the first book I downloaded to keep up the Christmas spirit was A Christmas Carol by the inspired Charles Dickens. Now I'm sure that if everyone has not read this Christmas classic they have at least seen one of its many many movies. My personal favorite version is the Muppet Christmas Carol. Surprisingly it follows the book fairly accurately and does credit to Dickens' work. (If you haven't seen it, it's a must.) Anyway back to the book.
I LOVE Dickens.
It's amazing to me that his stories truly have stood the test of time. He wrote this book ages ago and yet the language is simple and not convoluted. This story is fairly short, it took me about two days to read it even with all of the Christmas festivities. So if you haven't indulged yourself yet, make it a goal for next Christmas.
You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment