Saturday, December 4, 2010

No-No Boy * (1 out of 5 stars)

Hello dear readers! Today we will be discussing No-No Boy. A very depressing tale. It was interesting in that it showed what the Japanese Americans had to go through once World War Two was over. I have to admit I never really thought about it. It's incredible to think that this country would have such an issue with intolerance and racism even when we are "supposedly" accepting of all races. Now I'm not naive, I know that our country hasn't always been like that and that people are still fighting against intolerance, but it still gets to me sometimes. Especially how easy I've had it. I'm learning not to take it for granted. Anyway, back to the story... This story follows "Itchy" (his horrible nickname) and his life after he is released from jail after refusing to join the army and fight against Japan.
I don't think I would recommend this book. There isn't a whole lot of plot progression. Just a lot of bad feelings and running around in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment