Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Jurassic Park ***** (5 out of 5 stars) Lost World ***** (5 out of 5 stars)


I know it's been forever but I have good reasons. Namely, finishing up my Bachelors Degree (whoop whoop), getting married and having a baby. But now I am back on track and have some lovely reviews to give so let's get to it. I was fairly young when the movie Jurassic Park came out so I knew the movie pretty well before I read the book. It's kind of cool to see a movie before you read the book that inspired it. Personally I like this way better because I feel less disappointed with the movie adaptation. Someone recommended this book to me so I felt the need to see if it was anything like what I grew up with. And the answer I got was... yes and no. The book is great. It keeps you on the edge of your seat while being enthralled and still slightly horrified at the gruesomeness of it. I kind of felt all three of the movies came from the first book. Which is fine, it had a lot of good material. What I felt was a little lacking was the ending. I felt it was very abrupt and didn't really tie up the loose ends, but all and all it was a fun read.

After I read the first book I couldn't wait to dive into the sequel. None of it is like the movie at all, well that isn't true. There is a second island and the main character is the same, but other than that it's completely different. In this book the characters are more human; they are selfish, make mistakes, fight, but are willing and able to help each other survive. I had a lot more fun reading this book because I had no idea what was going to happen and I found myself rooting for some characters to make it out alive, and for others to get eaten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment