Friday, June 10, 2011

Grimms Fairy Stories **** (4 out of 5 stars)

So sorry for the long delay. I am no longer taking a Lit. class so I don't have as much time to read as I would like. I am also planning a wedding so that cuts my free time in half. This little gem has been perfect for my busy schedule. I realized that I have never read the "real" stories of our beloved Disney classics. So I thought I would be adventurous and download this. Let me say, the Brothers Grimm had absolutely no problem with horrifying little children. All of their stories are filled with death, decapitated, yet still talking heads, evil witches, and a whole lot of other horrors. I'm not at all surprised that so many people have rewritten them into nicer versions. At the same time though, it's kind of fun to know the "true" version. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment