Thursday, November 11, 2010

Welcome Friends!

A little info about this blog. I am not by any means an expert when it comes to critiquing the written word. I am just a lover of books. Currently I am majoring in Creative Writing and have absolutely no idea what to do with the rest of my life.... All I know is that I like to read.
And that won't help pay the rent.
The other day some poser was hitting on me and going down the obvious list of "getting to know how easy you are" questions. He asked, "So what does a girl like you like to do?" I could've answered the typical girly answers that college guys seem to like to hear; "Oh I just love to dance, I do yoga daily, I simply adore little puppies, and I can't go 10 minutes without thinking what would Paris do?" (Sorry if this is too cliche for you dear readers :) ) Instead I chose to be honest. I replied "I like to read." "Really?" He replied somewhat disappointedly. "I haven't read a book since 8th grade. Girl you're crazy." Am I really that crazy? Is it weird that I would prefer a book to watching tv? Maybe that does make me weird.
Oh Well........
Anyway, back to my blog. I decided to create this to share my love of books with the world. I am going to review a book a week and share my personal thoughts.
I hope you enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment